We acquired 44 Merrion Street, a 4 storey office building in central Leeds, with our partner ReCap in November 2019. Planning was submitted in March 2020 for a Simpson Haugh designed tall building providing:
- 573 undergraduate club rooms and studio apartments
- 87 postgraduate studio apartments
- A central arcade with open lounge, coffee and break-out areas, welcoming residents and the public
- Student amenity space throughout the building.
- Retail units and arts/cultural space on the ground floor
- Enhanced public realm, including new trees to create a greener street scape
- A highly sustainable new building designed to the highest BREEAM standards, incorporating renewable energy and high thermal efficiency measures
- Part 32 storey and part 10 storey building
For more information about this development, please visit the Merrion project site.